Daniel T. Blue, III represents individuals and businesses in civil litigation, transactions and general advisory. Representative matters include business formation and financing, business development, corporate governance, corporate counsel, contract compliance and dispute resolution. Dan's corporate clients include small start-up companies, family-owned businesses, educational and charitable institutions and joint partnerships.
Prior to joining Blue Stephens & Fellers, Dan served as Executive Director of the Pharmaceutical Institute, leading provider of specialized training to pharmaceutical and biotechnology professionals. In 2004, Dan founded and launched the startup company from its parent company, Campbell Alliance, a privately-held management consulting firm specializing in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
Prior to launching the Pharmaceutical Institute, Dan worked as an investment banker with Bear, Stearns & Co. in New York where he served healthcare clients, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostic and service companies, providing financing, advisory and investment services.
Dan graduated from the Duke University School of Law and the Duke University Fuqua School of Business in May 2001, with degrees in law and business and a focus on corporate finance and entrepreneurship. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from Duke University in 1995, where he studied biomedical engineering with a minor in public policy studies.
Dan lives in Raleigh with his family and their Scottish Terrier.
Dan serves on the boards of the Salvation Army, DHIC, Inc. (an affordable housing developer), the Duke University School of Nursing, and WakeMed (a private, not-for-profit healthcare system). He is the former chairman of the Wake County Democratic Party and serves on the North Carolina Democratic Party's State Executive Committee He is also a frequent commentator on NC Spin, a weekly television program on North Carolina political events which is aired throughout the North Carolina media market.
- JD, Duke University School of Law (Thomas Knight Scholar)
- MBA, Duke University Fuqua School of Business
- BSE, Duke University (B.N. Duke Scholar)
- North Carolina Bar
- Eastern District of North Carolina, U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court
- Middle District of North Carolina, U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court
- Western District of North Carolina, U.S. District Court
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Salvation Army Board of Directors
- DHIC, Inc. Board of Directors
- Duke University School of Nursing Board of Directors
- WakeMed Board of Directors